10 Main benefits of using GLP LED lights over Conventional Lighting
With the Global LED Market growing rapidly from 36% in 2016 to a projected 52% of all lighting in 2017 (LEDInside), as well as accelerated construction of infrastructure in the Middle East, particularly Dubai ahead of EXPO2020, it is important to uncover why people are moving away from more conventional forms of lighting and gravitating towards LED Lights.
Whilst there is an extensive list of advantages that LED lights bring we will discuss the 10 main advantages below:
- Energy efficiency – GLP LED Lights use up to 85% less energy, producing significant savings on your electricity bills. GLP LEDs have a nominal efficacy of 95-110 lumens per watt. Compare LEDs to compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) with 55-70 lumens per watt, and traditional incandescent bulbs with 13-18 lumens per watt, and the LED advantage is bright as day.
- Extremely Durable – GLP LED fixtures are made using sturdy components that are highly rugged and can endure the roughest conditions. Non-rusting brass is used on our new range of spike lights.
- Long Life – GLP LEDs have a nominal lifespan of 50,000 hours compared to 1,500 hours for incandescent bulbs. With an extended lifespan home owners and businesses can expect to save on maintenance costs.
- GLP LED lights operate well in hot weather, such as those that we experience here in the GCC. Through the use of Nichia LED chips and state of the art heat management designs, GLP’s extensive range of outdoor lighting fixtures withstands the UAE climate in the summer therefore has been used by Hotels such as Atlantis the Palm and Nurai Island (Abu Dhabi) in their outdoor landscapes.
- LED lights are Eco-friendly- Conventional lighting carry a multitude of harmful chemicals such as mercury that are toxic to the environment. LED Lights are toxic free and are made from 100% recyclable materials, therefore LEDs are kinder to our environment and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Safety – LED lights generate much lower heat in comparison to conventional lighting eliminating the potential for safety risks such as burns and fires.
- Warranty– GLP offers 5 year warranty on all indoor and 3 year warranty on all outdoor products.
- Low Voltage – A majority of GLP’s outdoor products are designed to work with 12V and 24V power supplies, making them an extremely safe solution for outdoor lighting, especially within landscapes and pool areas.
- Design flexibility and multitude of applications – GLP LED’s are extremely versatile and can be applied in commercial, industrial, hospitality, architectural and residential indoor and outdoor settings.
- Control – LED’s can be controlled for brightness and colour. This allows for creation of different moods and ambience within the environment.